Nickel Binding Screws
Our nickel binding screws are a more modern looking screw than the standard brass, although still turned from solid brass they are nickel plated with a bright silver finish. We stock these screws in several capacities, all available for next day delivery.
Binding screws are one of the simplest, oldest and most popular swatch binding and document binding fixings. From a small paper or card swatch to a spine binding solution for a large custom book or photo album binding screws are seen in all types of print and presentation. Traditional screws are brass, the ones here are the same screw with a more modern nickel silver plating, opening up the possibilities for their use even futher!
Our Presco nickel binding screws are turned from solid metal using precision engineering, then plated with nickel to give the polished silver finish. The turning process gives them greater strength and a high quality appearance compared to pressed metal economy binding screws.
Binding screws are widely used for the binding of sample swatches, traditional bookbinding, binding of scrapbooking albums or to give a distinctive finishing touch when binding any marketing material.
Binding screws are supplied as two parts and are screwed together through pre-drilled holes in the printed work or material being bound. At any time in the future the binding screw can be undone to change the contents or for reuse.
The standard nickel screws shown here are stocked in a wide variety of capacities from 2mm up to 25mm (or more using available extension posts) and are also available in the regular brass finish.
More Information :
- Nickel binding Screws come in packs of 100 or 1000
- Nickel Binding screws are made from solid brass with a nickel plate finish
- A traditional product that adds a distinctive touch to any binding or swatch job
- Nickel binding Screws have a 10mm head diameter
- The capacity of the binding screw is the space between the two heads when screwed together
- If you require a different size or colour, take a look at our clearance.
Also known as:
Binding Screws are also known as Chicago Screws, Interscrews, Sample Book Binders, Barrel Bolts and Post and Screw Fixings, Pillar Screws, Post Screws
What our customers say about this product:
Many of our customers have been buying brass binding screws in large amounts for years, using them for all types of document and book binding.
One of our customers used these screws to add a unique touch to a luxury A4 landscape theatre programme. Rich design and full colour print onto high gloss paper stock formed the leaves and a thick textured card was used for a wrap-around cover, bound at the spine with two brass 6mm binding screws. Our customer described the result as ‘stunning, the client was totally happy as the mix of textures and traditional fittings gave a really one-off feel to each programme’.
Typically used with:
- Nickel binding Screws are often extended using Binding Screw Extensions
- For a lower cost and hammer assembly, although not the same distinctive appearance, you can use Plastic Binding Screws
- Binding Screws are also available as Brass Binding Screws
- When a fixed backboard is required for a sample book or binding situation you can use our Double Base Binding Screws
- If the Binding Screws regularly needed to be taken apart to change the contents then you could use our Serrated Edge Binding Screws
- Another option for permanent binding of swatches or books up to 9mm thick is our Swatch Fasteners
These high quality two part binding screws with a smart polished nickel finish are available in a wide range of capacities starting at 2mm and incrementing up to 25mm. If this isn’t big enough, the screws can be further extended using the binding screw extension posts (see page 50).
Also known as Chicago screws, interscrews, binding posts and just ‘screws’, binding screws are great when used for swatches, presentations and brochures, and give a classy look to any document.